So, you just might have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder if….
- Your radio presets in your car are in numerical order
- The idea of wiping down your dishes or counter-top with a sponge makes you sick to your stomach
- You actually untie your shoes before taking them off of your feet
- Even if you hate the book you’re reading or the show you’re watching, you have to stay until the end b/c you don’t quit in the middle of anything
- Your phone speed dial numbers haven’t changed, even though you’ve changed your phone 3 times in the past 5 years
- Every toilet you sit on gets the “hiney halo”, even your own
- Washing your hands is a process: you take the paper towel, hold it between your elbow and side as you wash your hands, dry your hands with said towel, use said towel to both turn off the faucet and open the door to exit, then toss the towel in the trash outside of the restroom
- Windshield wipers drive you nuts because they are never on a downbeat
- You don’t understand what’s wrong with eating pizza with a fork and knife
- If you break a nail, you might as well break all of them, b/c they need to be the same length
- You keep alcohol wipes in your bag to wipe off gross surfaces you encounter every day…phones, computers, keyboards, hand rails, shopping carts, elevator buttons, etc.
- You create rhythms to a ticking clock…therefore, one cannot be within listening distance when you’re trying to sleep
- You sort your skittles out by color and eat the smallest pile first
- Your pantry is sorted in alphabetical order…along with the business cards in your wallet
- You pre-type all of your posts [and comments] in Word/Pages prior to publication in order to catch any spelling errors and avoid looking like an idiot over the wonderful inter-web for this world
- All your iphoto pics are sorted by date and event
- You’ve had the same shower routine for 10 years [shampoo-conditioner-face-rinse-shave-wash-rinse-dry]
- You stay awake until you’ve finished writing a post that popped in your mind at 1 stinkin’ 30 in the morning!
[note: this post is not a diagnostic model…so if you’ve come here to get some type of OCD assessment, please stop looking at blogs for that and schedule an appt w/ your doctor]