Where do I begin? My guess is to start at the beginning, but I like the end much more. Ergo, I will begin with the end.
I feel like me! After only a week of recovery, I feel like me! What does “me” feel like? Can’t really explain that one, but it’s good nonetheless.
What have I learned through this experience? Well…here’s my growing catalog of thoughts:
- Even though the bathroom is just across the hall, it can never be close enough.
- Even though they’re expensive, shiny and turn everyone’s head, Ambulance rides are so overrated.
- Once you’re in the ER, dignity is one of the things that gets tossed in the “personal belongings” bag.
- Orange jell-o tastes like Orange Glow cleaner. Thank you, Billy Mays, but your recipe sucks.
- Visitors feel like sunshine.
- My kittens can seriously sense injury…but they also like to eat flowers, only to up-chuck the pretty petals moments later. nice.
- My dad was right – chicken noodle soup really is Jewish Penicillin.
- To feel the prayers of people around the world is like putting all wonderfulness together and giving it a big hug.
- Laughter – if I could bottle it up, I’d make millions!
- My husband truly is captain awesome! [Don your cape, babe – everyone knows it’s you.]