Like I need more reasons why not to have children in my life right now…my top five reasons are
- I’d like to finish my ph.d.
- Mark and I want to be “settled down” [i.e., actually living in the house we own]
- We need better reasons than cute names, cute hair styles and cute clothes
- We need to find out if they bottle patience and buy stock in it
- I’m WAY TOO SELFISH of my time w/ Mark…I don’t want to share!
Now, please be aware that we do love kids and most definitely want some of our own someday…but as Mark says, “we’re on the 5-10 year plan”.
With that said, Marjie sent me this link of 20 Baby Products that are sure to traumatize your children until they have kids of their own…or at least until the stegalls have kids of their own!
Here were my top 5 favorites….
Thudgard Baby Helmet…baby’s first head gear – now, is this for the bumps from taking off the training wheels of crawling or the terrible-two moments where she bangs her head against the wall until she gets her blue’s clues spoon in her cheerios?
Baby Mop – while they’re down there, they might as well be put to good use, right?
Manual Snot Sucker – ok, this actually made me gag. I laughed, but I most definitely gagged.
Baby leash – wasn’t the 9 months of an umbilical cord long enough? The article does give the warning for joggers not to use this product. Nice.
Baby Keeper – seriously, this is my favorite of all the products. I’ve always said that I’m not ready to have kids b/c you still can’t duct tape them to the wall…well, this one is close enough for me! I sure hope they still have this around 5-10 years from now! Can I put this on my Target Baby Registry?
other products worth the honorary mention
- the pee-pee teepee
- Metallica Lullabies [that one’s for you, 5th Street]
- Her First Heels
- Baby Toupee & Baby Tattoos
- Man Boobs [for the seinfeld in all of us]